Jose Manuel Gomez was born in Fuente Obejuna (Cordoba) Spain in 1940.
In 1957, after a short period in the School of Arts he moved to Madrid, where he dedicated himself to playing the guitar in a band for four years and recorded five albums.
In 1964 he left for Paris, where he definitively started to paint. His first exhibition was in Vannes, Bretaña, in 1965. Following several exhibitions in Paris and other cities in France, he moved back to Spain in 1973.
He has participated in more than 30 single and collective exhibitions in Amsterdam, Biarritz, Cannes, San Jose de Costa Rica, Nantes, Madrid, Mexico, and Paris, among other cities. He presently exhibits at the prestigious Gallery Castello 120 in Madrid. Most of his paintings have been acquired by private collectors at his home in Mijas Costa, Malaga, Spain. Below is a list of his main exhibitions:
· 1968 Gallery Bourlaouen, Nantes
· 1969 Gallery Vallombreuse, Biarritz
· 1970 Gallery Ives Jouver, Paris
· 1974 Gallery Dintel, Santander
· Gallery Peninsula, Madrid
· 1978 Gallery 21-22, San Jose de Costa Rica
· 1981 Gallery Husstege, Amsterdam
· 1987 National Museum of San Jose de Costa Rica
· 1990 Gallery Heller, Madrid
· 1994 Exhibition Grupo Serfin, Mexico
· 1999 Gallery Castello 120, Madrid
· 2003 Gallery Castello 120, Madrid
Click to use our Order Form
Or call to order
La Tienda Española
Mary Beth Horan
3901 Rapid Run Drive
Lexington, KY 40515